Assistant Controller – Charleston Metro Area
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA in good standing; with at least three years’ experience in public accounting
- 7 – 10 years of related experience; ideally in an Assistant Controller or Accounting Manager Role with knowledge of Project Accounting
- Strong knowledge of GAAP is required
The Ideal Candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic who has the ability to think strategically. This individual MUST also possess the following traits and skills:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, professional and dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team while managing multiple deadlines.
- Prior supervisory, mentoring or leadership experience
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced skills in Excel and preferably prior experience with the Deltek Vision platform.
Duties Include But Are NOT Limited To:
- General ledger
- Daily cash management as well as budgeting and reporting on a monthly and annual basis
- Bi-weekly payroll processing
- Quarterly and yearly payroll returns and W-2’s
- Month-end closing
- Reconciliation and analysis of all journals, ledgers and bank accounts
- Month and yearly financial statement preparation and tax returns
- Researching issues to ensure compliance with GAAP and all other state and federal rules and regulations.
- Continuing education and supervision of staff
Qualified candidates interested in this Direct-Hire opportunity should email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Temporary Full Charge Bookkeeper
Charles Foster Company is actively recruiting candidates for a Bookkeeping position for a firm located in Downtown Charleston. This will be a Full-Time, 30-60 Day Temporary assignment. Monday-Friday, 8am to 6pm $16-$19 depending on experience.
Solid Bookkeeping experience is required; minimum of 5 years combined. Must have a strong knowledge of GAAP and be proficient with MS Excel. Experience with Deltek Vision and Costpoint is preferred but not mandatory.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Processing Payroll
- Quarterly Payroll Reports
- Reconciling General Ledger
- Posting Journal Entries
The ideal candidate will be have a personable, warm and welcoming personality, excellent communication skills and present themselves in a professional manner. Must be a team player with a strong attention to detail, have the ability to multi-task and superb time management skills.
Qualified candidates only need apply. Please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com for review.
Manufacturing Finance Operations Manager – Charleston, SC
Medium size international manufacturer is recruiting for Finance and Operations manager with some HR knowledge.
MUST HAVE MANUFACTUTING EXPERIECE in finance and operations.
- Ideal candidate must be able to handle all aspects of finance and day to day operations of accounting.
- Including A/P, A/R, productions measurements, product cost, fixed asset, month end close process,
- Statutory and taxation reporting with knowledge, annual budgets. Knowledge required in manufacturing,
- MS Office, SAGE, multi-state operations, 401k and healthcare administration.
This positon will support the Group CFO with improvement and development of internal operational controls and financial systems.
There is no relocation package being offered.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to Dottie@charlesfoster.net
Certified Public Accountants
Charles Foster Company is now accepting applications for a Certified Public Accountant opening in the Charleston, SC area. Excellent salary and benefits.
The ideal candidates must have previous accounting, planning and performance management experience. Tax and Audit experience is also a must.
Qualified candidates only need apply. Please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charles Foster is now accepting resumes for multiple PART-TIME and FULL-TIME Full Charge Bookkeeper openings in the Mount Pleasant and Downtown Charleston Areas. Schedule and rates vary by opportunity; starting at not less than $15.00/hr.
The ideal candidates will have SOLID hands-on experience with full-charge bookkeeping duties as well as payroll, tax preparation, budgeting and planning. Strong knowledge of GAAP is required. QuickBooks experience is helpful.
Professional individuals interested in these opportunities should email a copy of your resume to email@example.com for review.