To be considered for opportunities through Charles Foster Company, please click here to submit your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions, please call 843-572-8100.
Project Safety Manager
Charleston Labor & Production is now recruiting for a Project Safety Manager opening in the North Charleston area. The Project Safety Manager will serve as the on-site liaison responsible for the project adherence to company safety health and environmental policies. The main function of this role will be to identify, eliminate, and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage by using job specific safety standards as well as management practices. This is a contract position which is anticipated to last one year.
The ideal candidate will display resourcefulness, self-starting work habits, and creativity in problem solving based on information and judgment. Candidates should possess leadership, interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, as well as the ability to train others. Being able to work with minimum assistance and supervision in a professional and positive manner is necessary.
- 5 years’ experience in the Construction Industry.
- 1 year of solid experience in Safety Management.
- OSHA 30 Training.
- Knowledgeable in First Aid.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety and environmental principles and techniques.
- Must have an absolute commitment and passion for the Zero Injuries Philosophy.
- Proven ability to identify known potential exposures and to integrate safety, operations and implementation of corrective actions.
- Exhibit operational knowledge of construction OSHA and other pertinent safety, federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include but are Not Limited to:
- Oversee and make decisions related to project safety, health, and environmental policies.
- Make decisions related to work stoppage when circumstances are related to an immediate danger to life and health on a project.
- Recommend and implement corrective action based on policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve issues.
- Communicate with project staff and subcontractors in connection with resolving field safety issues.
- Enforce safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all State, Federal, Local regulations, and contractual requirements.
- Educate and advise project staff on safety guidelines and policies.
- Conduct training and safety meetings.
- Evaluate need for training and make recommendations.
- Ensure uniform interpretation of site safety procedures.
- Communicate and distribute new and changing safety-related information.
- Provide technical assistance to projects and Safety Engineers.
- Support and assist project teams with incident investigations.
- Halt and correct unsafe practices.
- Evaluate industrial hygiene concerns.
- Review site general conditions safety measures.
- Ensure required training is executed on projects.
Qualified candidates meeting the minimum requirements listed above should email a copy of their resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com.
EEO | No Fees | www.charlestonlabor.com | 843.300.4080