General Manager-Charleston/Columbia area, SC
Growing foreign-owned manufacturer with international distribution markets worldwide is expanding operations to the US and Canada due to increasing long-term demand for its products in different industries. It is seeking a talented individual to drive future growth in establishing the US startup sales and logistics center in the Charleston/Columbia, SC area. Future responsibilities include overseeing the new logistics center recently opened in Canada. Primary responsibilities include expanding existing accounts, developing new clients and enhancing the service delivery model for existing and new customers.
- Conducting regular status and strategy meetings with each customer’s senior management to understand their needs and link them to the company’s product/application strategies.
- Managing of sales in the region of USA and Canada (personally and through sales force) with the goal of increasing of direct sales of the company to end customers in North America.
- Customer service and support.
- Analysis of market conditions, marketing and advertising, participation in conferences and fairs.
- Ensure that the appropriate tools and processes are available to execute overall sales strategy and achieve sales targets and increase revenue.
- General and administrative managing of branch in USA and Canada with responsibility for office & staff, recruitment of personal (employment contracts, recruitment, development and retention of staff). Staff may consist of 10-15 people.
- Administration of warehouse operations: receiving goods, repacking, warehousing, shipments, customs clearance, and lab testing.
- Representing the company with local and state government and businesses
- Role consists of office administration plus 20-30% travel to customers in North America.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business or Economics preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressively more responsible leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of sales and customer service techniques.
- Experience executing, processing and managing customer contracts.
- Senior management experience working with teams of 8 or more people
- Exceptional organizational, management and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence and drive change.
- Must be able to multitask effectively, work well under pressure and meet multiply commitments.
- Ability to build trust with customers and team members in a collaborative and team oriented manner.
- Open minded and able to interact with different cultures and levels of seniority.
- Ability “to get the job done”, with a solid business acumen and literacy – understands company needs.
- Must have a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Manufacturing, industrial experience strongly preferred esp. chemical industry.
- Hands-on Proficiency with MS Office products including Power Point
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Expected salary range is $84,000 plus 24-36K in performance-based bonuses and incentives
- Competitive benefit package
- Must be a permanent resident of the Charleston-Columbia, SC area
- Business and travel expenses are covered, phone and laptop provided.
Qualified candidates only, please submit a copy of your resume for review to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this post in the subject line.
Charles Foster Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No Fees.