Clinical Documentation Specialist
Charles Foster Company is actively recruiting candidates for a Clinical Documentation Specialist for a medical facility in the Charleston area. This position will clinically review inpatient medical records to evaluate the documentation and utilization of acute care services. This role will play a significant role in obtaining reimbursement for acute care services and in reporting quality of care outcomes. This is a full-time, direct hire position.
- Must possess a current RN or LPN license, or an RHIA, RHIT or CCS credential
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, AHIMA accredited school, international medical school
- Minimum of three years clinical or inpatient coding experience in an acute care setting. Five years is PREFERRED.
- Working knowledge of Medicare reimbursement system and coding structures/guidelines
- Computer literacy and the ability to operate basic office equipment
- Excellent critical thinking, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong broad based clinical knowledge, understanding of pathology/physiology of disease processes, knowledge of care delivery documentation systems and age-specific needs
Qualified candidates only, please submit a copy of your resume for review, with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference this post in the subject line.
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA)
- THE MAJORITY OF THIS POSITION WILL BE ADMINISTRATIVE, NOT CLINICAL.
- This position REQUIRES the specific credential of CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) through the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants). No other credential will be accepted for this position.
- The client is looking for someone with pediatric experience. The ideal candidate will be patient, compassionate and possess a warm personality, who enjoys being a team player.
- This role will require heavy administrative duties, using clinical knowledge in an office setting. Proficiency in data entry, typing and Microsoft Word and Excel is a must. Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records is preferred.
- The CMA will function as the liaison between the clinicians and the patients.
- Daytime hours, Monday-Friday. $12 per hour.
This is a full-time temporary, possible temp-to-hire opportunity.
Qualified candidates only, please submit a copy of your resume for review to email@example.com. Please reference this post in the subject line.